Danielle Keyser – Putting the Fun in Functional! – Demonstrations of Evidence Based Therapy
Sale Page: Danielle Keyser – Putting the Fun in Functional! – Demonstrations of Evidence Based Therapy
Original Price: $149.00
You just pay: $33.00
Status: Instant Delivery
File Size: 6.31 GB
Putting the Fun in Functional! – Demonstrations of Evidence Based Therapy By Danielle Keyser For Immediate Digital Download!
Putting the Fun in Functional demonstrates creative, current and effective clinical practice. Evidence based practice, utilizing standardized tests, clinical reasoning, goal setting and appropriate documentation maximize reimbursement and are all necessary components of an effective treatment program. They are all addressed in this 5-hour video course.
We begin with a review of some of the most important publications regarding function and older persons. Then we follow Danielle Keyser as she evaluates and treats 3 patients (4 if you watch the bonus section) with a variety of diagnoses from deconditioning to vestibular deficits. Danielle Keyser and Dr. Carole Lewis explore the key lessons demonstrated in the cases and also discuss the different roles OT and PT play in patient rehabilitation. The final session on rehab equipment is not to be missed. The suggestions for inexpensive and incredibly useful tools for adapting function are ingenious!
Occupational and Physical Therapists share in the most intimate details of a patient’s life. We have to be kind yet clinically focused, genuine and vulnerable ourselves, in order to maximize our effectiveness in addressing deficits that stand in the way of our patients’ function and quality of life.
Danielle Keyser’s electric personality and deep passion rivet the participant to the screen. She brings rehabilitation therapy to its much-deserved level of competence.
What participants are saying . . .
“Have already recommended the course. Love the format of observing the therapist at work and following her clinical reasoning.”
“Loved seeing videos of real patients being treated – very practical and useful”
“I appreciated watching the treatment sessions with actual patients; also how to acquire inexpensive adaptive equipment or use home gadgets as exercise tools”
“Very engaging. Extremely useful and worth your time. So true to life.”
- Apply evidence based principles to evaluations and treatment of older patients with functional deficits
- Assess psychosocial, physical and endurance deficits of patients after viewing the application of evidence based principles that are applied in the case studies
- Describe how disciplines can work together to maximize service delivery, without duplicating services and jeopardizing reimbursement.
- Compare and contrast a variety of standardized tools that will assist in identification of deficit areas, goal setting, and treatment ideas.
- Apply the principle of “therapeutic use of self” in order to motivate geriatric patients.
- Utilize tips for providing therapy on a budget; use creative thinking to provide cost effective equipment for therapists and patients.
- Intro, What’s in Your Trunk, Pretest (10min)
- Literature Review (49 min)
- Patient Demonstration 1 Gladys (59 min)
- Patient Demonstration 2 Harriet (46 min)
- Patient Demonstration 3 Hubert (72 min)
- Role of OT and PT in Geriatric Rehab (46 min)
- Assessing Tools of the Trade & Post-test (18 min)